GSI Water Solutions, Inc. (GSI), an employee-owned water resources and environmental management consulting firm, is seeking a motivated, environmental data analyst to support our water resources and environmental management practices on a wide variety of projects.
The successful candidate will be based in Portland, Oregon and work with GSI scientists and water resource analysts to manage environmental and water-related data for our public and private clients in the Pacific Northwest and California.
Primary duties include:
- Collect and configure large relational environmental datasets to meet project specifications.
- Develop and utilize data validation tools in Excel, Access and SQL to identify data quality issues.
- Document work processes, recommend quality assurance/quality control procedures, compose training documents and conduct training sessions.
- Implement, configure and test commercial-off-the-shelf data management related software, such as EnviroData, to meet project specifications.
- Act as a data quality liaison between the project staff, analytical laboratories, data validator and GIS analysts.
- Provide reporting support by generating and formatting tables, charts, or graphs.
- Perform research regarding new analytical methods and data management protocols and regulations as necessary.
- Five plus years of relevant experience in the environmental field with an emphasis on environmental database management.
- Bachelor's degree in data science, computer science, chemistry, engineering, or information technology.
- Solid SQL and relational database skills (SQL Server, Microsoft Access).
- Experience working with analytical data, including familiarity with electronic data deliverables (EDDs), detection limits, data qualifiers, etc.
- Experience with EnviroData or other environmental data management solutions.
- Knowledgeable in using MS Excel to manipulate and organize data sets for import into a database and for final reporting.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgement, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Motivated, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience with statistical analysis and data visualization using R or other similar tools.
- Experience linking analytical data to the GIS and other graphing software using Geodatabases or other tools.
If you are interested in working with a great team and participating on interesting and innovative projects, please submit your resume. Please provide a brief cover letter telling us a little about yourself.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com