Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes
To work as Project leader as part of the Manufacturing Engineering function responsible for the delivery of AML Electric Vehicle programmes, from manufacturing feasibility and original concept and design, through to, and including production delivery.
You will be responsible for delivering robust assembly processes, moving Aston Martin into its next generation of production tooling and assembly processes, including process and quality improvements.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Leadership. To manage Manufacturing Engineers workload and personal development, providing support and guidance when required. Must be capable of representing Manufacturing Engineering at regular management feedback meetings, programme Gateways and have the ability to cascade information effectively to the immediate team.
- Process: To produce detailed process operation sheets including visual aids, torque & tooling detail, quality requirements and safety information.
- Facilities / Layout: Working with Logistics & Facilities Engineers to determine efficient station layouts including modifications to existing facilities, racking & part presentation requirements, liaising with external suppliers of equipment and compiling necessary documents for implementation and approval.
- Manpower: Working with Industrial Engineers to develop effective manpower requirements reflecting volume mix and model specification including methods improvements to achieve hours per car target.
- Tooling: To select the appropriate (volume representative) Jigs and Fixtures, including specialised hand tools and power tool requirements to meet vehicle quality and hours per car targets whilst ensuring operator safety targets are achieved.
- Health and Safety: To liaise with the Health & Safety department to ensure all processes & materials are suitable for the manufacturing environment. Project Environmental Checklists will also be required when raising Project requests.
- PD Support: To work with the product development team from feasibility stage through virtual builds and onto to Job#1 delivery, ensuring due consideration is given to design for assembly, fool proofing techniques and ease of assembly.
- Quality Improvements: To liaise with product development to ensure new or modified product content is integrated seamlessly into the production environment.
- Technical Support: Provide advice / information to other business areas regarding production build sequence and technical specifications.
Qualifications and Experience
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship with substantial experience in the Motor Vehicle environment. ONC or equivalent minimum qualification with HNC / Degree preferred.
- The successful candidate will have substantial Manufacturing Engineering experience, preferably including EV programmes with an ability to interrogate and interpret technical data and a good understanding of industry Manufacturing Engineering procedures and safety standards.
- The successful candidate will have experience of managing workload across all disciplines of Manufacturing Engineering, and will have experience of facility & tooling requirements, process documentation, work station layout planning and problem resolution. You will ensure that the highest quality build standards are achieved whilst ensuring the health & safety of staff and technicians is never compromised.
- Previous experience with EV (Electric Vehicle) programmes would be advantageous although not essential.
- Fixed Term Contract until August 2020
- Hourly rate circa £23ph/£24ph depending on experience
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com