Required to join our dedicated team at the Plant Production Nursery. The Greenhouse Grower Manager is responsible for overseeing all daily operations and to produce a wide variety of quality plant material to support our busy Retail Garden Centre.
- Plan, organize, lead and coordinate activities of the workforce in four major plant departments with a hands on approach.
- Demonstrate exemplary team leadership skills, communicate with and supervise the small team of growers whilst providing education and development.
- Maintain accurate record keeping and files for dry goods and plant inventory, plant orders, production schedules etc.
- Liaise with Retail Garden Centre.
- A proven track record in the production of Potted Flower, Indoor Tropical Foliage, Seasonal Bedding and Woody Ornamental crops.
- Total knowledge and understanding of all water, fertilizers and growing mediums.
- Proficient in crop scheduling, plant and see procurement, production and propagation.
- Complete understanding of greenhouse systems and environmental conditions.
- Ability to ensure day to day that all aspects of the greenhouse and buildings are maintained for structural integrity and maximum efficiency.
- Must be able to identify plant pests and diseases and appropriate control methods.
- Must have an entrepreneurial approach to all the above and the ability to multi task and problem solve in what can be a challenging industry on a small island.
- Degree in Horticulture, a plant related field or a minimum of 5 years in a similar position.
- Pesticide Applicators License