Supervises the implementation of safety, health and environmental (SHE) programs and procedures within the assigned facility in pursuit of a zero-incident culture. Maintain best practices designed to enhance and improve regulatory compliance, as well as minimize industrial injuries/illness, workers' compensation costs, property damage and other general liability losses.
• Implement or assists with the implementation of organization Safety programs to ensure a safe, healthy and zero-incident work environment, including ensuring compliance with Bunge safety policies by all staff, contractors and visitors.
• Coach facility employees on their necessary engagement in SHE improvement.
• Monitor SHE policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable local, state/provincial and federal rules and regulations.
• Implement programs to facility employees in work site safety practices, including Confined Space Entry, Lock, Tag & Try, Electrical Safety and others.
• Track or Assist in tracking injuries and equipment damage events, investigates incidents, and aids in implementing prevention methods to avoid recurrence.
• Support environmental sustainability throughout the assigned facility.
• Enforces or provides support in enforcing policies and procedures to reduce or eliminate high potential exposures.
• Provides support to the Loss Prevention Control inspection process at the facility, with emphasis on fire prevention and fire protection equipment.
• Executes responses plans in the event of an environmental emergency.
• Supports the implementation of Process Safety Management (PSM) programs at the assigned location with solvents, hydrogen, ammonia, and chlorine.
• Coordinates worker’s compensation claims in conjunction with insurance companies or service companies.
• Implements fire protection and security systems to protect property from loss.
• Supervises day to day activites and trains SHE employees while ensuring a strong team environment.
• Associate's degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental/Health Science, or closely related degree, or equivalent work experience required.
• 2+ years of safety or environmental experience required
• Demonstrated experience with improvements in safety, productivity, teamwork
• Demonstrated management skills within a team-oriented environment
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills required
• Demonstrated success in the application of safety standards, compliance with safety regulations, and the promotion of a safe working environment
• Good working knowledge of PC applications such as Word, Excel and Lotus Notes
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com