- Ensure ownership and integration to drive sustainable EHS management systems
- Knowledge & experience to provide effective training on all appropriate safety related topics
- Development of EHS improvement initiatives and the daily management of on-going EHS operations
- Directs activities to conduct investigations, identify root cause and recommend corrective measures
- Basic understanding of Workers Compensation
- Directs activities to compile EHS information and other data as required by Zone, State and Federal agencies
- Identify unsafe behaviors and unsafe conditions in the workplace using regulatory requirements & best safety practices
- Contributes to the overall needs and objectives of the department
- Team building – ability to involve employees and the leadership team in the process
- Assist with the preparation of routine and non-routine environmental documentation and reports to regulatory agencies.
- Assist with aspects of the company’s recycling, solid, hazardous, bio-hazardous, and universal waste programs
- Bachelor’s degree required in Safety, Environmental or other related disciplines.
- Entry level position
- Willing to relocate now and in the future.
- Ability to collaboratively work with all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, strong leadership skills, a comfort level with change, and the ability to lead change
- Working knowledge of government regulations (i.e. OSHA, EPA, etc.)
- Ability to interpret regulatory requirements (federal, state and provincial) and apply them to the workplace
- Effective decision making and a willingness to use available resources to accomplish goals
- Acts with integrity in all EHS matters to maintain EHS compliance and excellence
- Ability to lead teams and facilitate effective meetings
- Investigative, analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent Computer Skills – Microsoft Office.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com