WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING AN SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIALIST TO JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM IN ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, NJ AS PART OF THE NORTH AMERICA REGULATORY AND ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS TEAM!
Senior Environmental Specialist will be responsible for administering energy certification and monitoring regulatory standards for home appliances and consumer electronics. Also, this individual will be responsible for providing feedback to HQ in Korea regarding energy regulatory standards and supporting LG’s regulatory affairs groups. Lastly, this individual will represents LG to the North American energy efficiency industry.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Energy Certification Compliance
- Register products’ energy efficiency certifications to regulatory agencies
- (US: DOE, EPA Energy Star, CEC, etc. Canada: NRCan)
- Plan and organize reporting schedule for government/industry association annual reports and submit annual reports to regulatory agencies on time
- Clarify HQ’s customary requests on product energy efficiency compliance with communicating with government/industry association for official guidance/opinion
- Research relevant regulatory information
- Energy Regulation Compliance
- Lead product energy efficiency compliance, which involves certification, regulatory tracking, and providing guidance to HQ
- Monitor US and Canadian energy regulatory policy, summarize and report to HQ, relevant departments
- Represent the company in government/industry association webinars/calls, conferences, on/offsite workshops, annual meetings with related working group
- (ITI, CTA, AHAM, AHRI etc., Collaborate with state governments/associations)
- Bachelor degree is required
- Must be results oriented in a fast paced changing environment
- Must have ability to communicate effectively (clear, concise, accurate) both orally and in writing.
- Rigor, high sense of Ethics and Tenacity & Motivation.
- Ability to work in teams and in cross-functional teams
- Analytical/problem solving skills – ability to understand complex issues quickly, analyze the data and develop appropriate solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Fluent bi-language skills (English and Korean) and Retention
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com