Manage the Environmental Department and Programs for a RCRA permitted hazardous waste transfer, storage and disposal facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for all regulatory required permitting, monitoring, recordkeeping and reporting.
- Monitors department work processes, procedures, expenses, and establishes programs which drive team performance toward departmental and organizational goals.
- Assures all operations are compliant with Federal/State regulations, permit conditions and WMI Corporate policies.
- Provides environmental permitting and agency interaction including regulatory affairs support.
- Provides special waste technical expertise including special waste decisions and approvals to management.
- Organizes and schedules all necessary engineering and environmental consulting resources required to accomplish activities.
- Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timeliness and ensures quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- May oversee personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Maintains technical knowledge and a current awareness of new developments and techniques.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of _2_ full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of _5_ full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Seven years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com