This recruitment may be used to fill other Solid Waste Recycling Analyst positions at Pierce County
Are you a dedicated professional that puts customers first, thrives in a demanding environment, and displays solid teamwork? Are you interested in being part of an energetic organization that strives to deliver timely, reliable and consistent service using the latest technology--and have fun while you're doing it?
Come work for a department that develops, trains, and promotes their employees. Join the team at Planning and Public Works, and help us build a livable Pierce County for people to Live, Work, and Play.
Our staff is committed to building better, safer communities and enhancing the quality of life in Pierce County. Use your knowledge and experience with the planning, development and oversight of municipal recycling and solid waste programs to make a difference for our residents.
Learn more about our dynamic department at www.piercecountywa.org/ppw.
Our next successful team member can look forward to...
- Designs, implements and modifies waste reduction, recycling, composting, litter prevention, and illegal dumping abatement programs to achieve County goals.
- Provides technical input on solid waste management options related to their impact on waste reduction, recycling, composting, litter prevention, and illegal dumping abatement programs.
- Establishes "in-house" waste reduction and recycling programs within County facilities. Promotes similar programs for other public and private facilities.
- Makes presentations of related subject matter to elected officials, public and private groups and individuals to inform and solicit support and participation in programs as well as general community education.
- Develops and implements marketing plan and promotional campaign, including audio/video aids, written materials, press releases, advertisements, etc., to enhance County image and maximize program effectiveness and increase consumer participation.
Our next successful team member should possess the following...
- Knowledge and experience in both public and private business practices and administrative procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in waste reduction, composting, recycling programs, litter prevention, and illegal dumping abatement programs, procedures and systems.
- Skill in collecting data and making presentations to groups, communities, and officials.
- Ability to work cooperatively with private industry to implement public policies and mandates through enhancement and involvement of the private sector.
This announcement is not intended to reflect all duties to be performed by our next team member, but shall present a descriptive list of the range of duties that may be performed. To view the complete classification, click here.
Our next successful team member will have...
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with major course work in business, public administration, marketing or other related discipline
- two or more years experience in integrated environmental management programs (solid waste, recycling, water, storm water, sewer, growth management, natural resources) in either private or public sector.
- Additional experience or education may substitute equally for position requirements.
- This position may require office and/or field work and routine lifting 30 lbs.
- An employee in this classification may be required to work evening and weekends.
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver's license.
- Successful completion of all required background checks may be required prior to employment.
- Satisfactory physical condition, as evidenced by a County-approved physical examination, may be required.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com