BAE Systems, Platforms & Services is looking for a Safety, Health, and Environmental Manager in our San Jose, CA facility. The ideal candidate will:
- Review and revise as necessary, safety & health programs to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness.
- Conduct or direct testing of air quality, noise, temperature, and/or radiation levels to verify compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Work closely with Site Leadership to ensure compliance with site SHE Management System and maintain certification (OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001).
- Maintain records and data necessary to track, analyze and report on safety & health trends and to comply with company and regulatory requirements.
- Confer with occupational health professionals to assess health risks and to develop ways to manage health issues and concerns related to occupational exposures.
- Work closely with occupational health and risk management professionals to effectively manage worker's compensation cases.
- Review plans and specifications for construction of new machinery or equipment in order to determine if safety & health requirements have been met.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of federal, state, and local legislation/regulations, and informs management of impact on operations.
- Acting as a champion for environmental issues within the organization.
- Keeping up to date with relevant changes in environmental legislation and initiatives.
- Manage various environmental remediation projects at nearby testing arena.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Required Education: Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of relevant experience or six additional years of experience in lieu of a degree (total 14 years relevant experience required without a degree).
- Experience managing direct reports
- Ability to communicate and work with appropriate team members and leadership
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor Degree in Safety Science or a related discipline
- M.S. Degree
- Certified Safety Professional
- Certified Industrial Hygienist
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com