An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) Specialist located at the AdvanSix Resins & Chemicals manufacturing facility in Chesterfield, VA.
AdvanSix is a fully-integrated nylon manufacturing leader serving customers globally with a range of resins, films, fertilizers and chemical intermediates found in everyday life. Through its chemical engineers, agronomists, logistics experts and support teams, AdvanSix is able to respond quickly to customer needs in end markets that include carpet, textiles, engineering plastics, films, industrial filament and high-value crops. Headquartered in New Jersey, its plants in Chesterfield, Va., Hopewell, Va., Frankford, Pa., and Pottsville, Pa. are some of the largest and most efficient of their kind. Its research and development efforts in North America, Asia and India are focused on developing innovative process technologies and new products that will lead the nylon industry into the future.
The HSE Specialist will provide global support for driving safety excellence. This role is focused on implementation of effective operating mechanisms that assure regulatory compliance, management of HSE and achievement of performance excellence at the operating line level and supporting a mature HSE culture via the systematic processes.
- Develop and support the implementation of HSE programs and practices consistent with the regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Provide expert technical support across the organization.
- Assist in establishing vision, goals, objectives and targets for HSE performance. Assist in developing quality metrics to drive performance improvement;
- Provide expert hands-on technical involvement on issues, programs, and processes involving compliance with HSE standards and policies.
- Provide assistance to maintain and improve site HSE Management System in accordance with Responsible Care 14001 standards.
- Provide expert technical support for Industrial Hygiene Programs including Personnel & Area Sampling, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) selection & compliance, Hazard Communication Program, Chemical Approvals, and Training.
- Participate in HSE activities and teams to improve and drive the HSE maturity level via Continuous Improvement
- Position is to support the HSE programs by engaging and spending in the time operating areas on a daily basis.
- Manage the site loss prevention programs.
- Position will be involved with the development, implementation and verification of the site’s compliance training programs.
- Assist and support the operating areas on a 24/7 basis as needed. (i.e. plant turn a rounds).
- Bachelor’s degree in safety or environmental science, engineering, chemistry or related science discipline required
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in an occupational safety, health or environmental role
- Thorough working understanding of U.S. Occupational Safety, EPA, etc. laws and regulations is essential
- Experience with ISO based management systems, RC14001 experience preferred.
- Industrial Hygiene experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide timely and effective communications to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all level of an organization.
- Strong decision-making skills with bias for action balanced with consensus building abilities.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple / varied tasks efficiently.
- Demonstrated proficiently with incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, databases, SAP, graphics).
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or other certifications are a plus.
- Radiation Safety Officer or working knowledge of Radiation Programs a plus.
- Six Sigma (Green Belt certified) or equivalent experience implementing productivity / continuous improvement projects is desired.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com