An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a HSE Manager with AdvanSix.
AdvanSix is a fully-integrated nylon manufacturing leader serving customers globally with a range of resins, films, fertilizers and chemical intermediates found in everyday life. Through its chemical engineers, agronomists, logistics experts and support teams, AdvanSix can respond quickly to customer needs in end markets that include carpet, textiles, engineering plastics, films, industrial filament and high-value crops. Headquartered in New Jersey, its plants in Chesterfield, Va., Hopewell, Va., Frankford, Pa., and Pottsville, Pa. are some of the largest and most efficient of their kind. Its research and development efforts in North America, Asia and India are focused on developing innovative process technologies and new products that will lead the nylon industry into the future.
The Manager of Health Safety and Environment will be responsible to maintain and improve the Chesterfield Plant’s HSE programs. This role will provide health, safety, process safety, environmental and security leadership to ensure constant compliance of all local, state, federal regulatory requirements. You will be expected to lead a world class HSE program that is protective of our employee and our community.
- Establish and communicate a clear vision for establishing a world class HSE programs to achieve 100% regulatory compliance.
- Sets clear expectations for leadership including front-line leaders for HSE compliance.
- Lead and provide expert hands-on technical involvement on issues, programs, and processes involving compliance with HSE standards and policies.
- Member of the sites Leadership Team and will need to provide strategic input to ensure the site operates safe and successfully.
- Continued integration of the Responsible Care 14001 management system and HSE into the sites operating systems.
- Participate in site activities on a regular basis, including tier meetings, floor visits, rapid problem solving, and continuous improvement discussions.
- Participate in significant HSE incident investigations and root cause analyses
- Can lead site in the brainstorming, planning, and implementation of systems to improve operations and compliance.
- Sets up systems to audit implementation, and modifies plans as needed to continuously improve site safety compliance and site HSE culture.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to HSE and a passion for employee safety. Leads by example and engages and inspires employees daily to follow processes that achieve world class HSE performance.
- Improve and engage employee attitudes around HSE through teaching, leading and one-on-one contacts.
- Manage the sites security requirements and drive systematic improvements
- Implementation of systems to regularly collect, track and trend key HSE performance indicators. Analyzes leading and lagging data creates relevant summaries and action plans, and communicates findings and actions to help prevent HSE incidents including near misses.
- Provides HSE technical advice and tactical support and works with employees at all organizational levels to drive continuous improvement.
- Accountable for management of HSE corrective actions and timely closure of same.
- Ensures site employees receive required HSE training.
- Reviews future/proposed regulations or corporate requirements, recommends path forward to site leadership, and implements appropriate program measures to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for reviewing of capital projects and other changes, via MOC, PSSR, and HS&E reviews, to ensure concept, design, and installation meet the HSE requirements.
- Prepare written Emergency Response Plan and manage the Emergency Response Brigade.
Basic Candidate Requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering or science or a closely related technical science discipline is required.
- 10 plus years professional experience in a Health, Safety, and Environmental role including experience in the chemical process or petrochemical environment
- 3-5 years demonstrating leadership skills, including a demonstrated aptitude to work with teams and motivate others.
- Travel a minimum of +10%.
- US work authorization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide timely and effective communications to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all level of an organization.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple / varied tasks efficiently.
- Demonstrated proficiently with incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, databases, graphics).
- RC-14001 experience
- Positive attitude and solid analytical skills are desired plus the successful candidate should be willing to remain well connected via e-mail and other electronic communication tools.
- Excellent written and oral communications and organizational skills are a must.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com