This position will support our growing surface water engineering group and will require working with multi-disciplinary teams for a variety of existing and new clients. The successful candidate can expect to work in a dynamic team environment, including supporting and advising staff in related discipline groups. Some local and regional travel may be required.
Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
• Requires registration as a Professional Engineer in Virginia
• 10 or more years of relevant experience in water resources engineering position
• Experience with AutoCAD, ArcGIS, SWMM, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, Microsoft Office, and other related software
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Positive attitude, self-motivated; sense of urgency to produce high quality work
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Registration as a Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM)
• Significant experience with SWMM, HEC-RAS, and HEC-HMS model development
• An understanding of current federal, state and local municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4) regulations, stormwater quality measure design guidelines, and other environmental permit requirements to support project success.
• Experience with the Virginia Stormwater Management Program (VSMP) regulations
• Familiarity with Chesapeake Bay TMDL requirements, particularly for municipalities
• Capability and interest in performing field work.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and potential/desire to lead a practice and manage clients and a team
We offer excellent benefits, including 401K and profit sharing, an impressive incentive bonus program, and the opportunity to advance your career with an industry leader.
Learn more about us at: http://www.kimley-horn.com/join-our-team
Bachelors or better in Civil and Environmental Engineering.
10 or more years
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com