This position is part of the Morris Wetland Management District. As a Range Technician (Fire) you will be responsible for carrying out prescribed fire plans, fire effects, manual and mechanical hazardous fuels treatments, and smoke and wildland fire use monitoring.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Assists in wildland fire prevention and preparedness.
* Prepares and reviews plans and or plan components such as annual operating plans, training plans, fire suppression plans, safety plans, and individual project plans.
* Plans and conducts project assessments which determine the presence or absence of hazardous wildland fuels.
* Reviews project plans and makes recommendations on appropriate levels of monitoring.
* Participates in drafting prescribed fire/fuels management plans following interagency template.
*Creates, updates, and uses a database to model and analyze fire behavior and fire effects observation data.
*Serves on prescribed fire and fuels projects in positions for which qualified. Technically administers all aspects of hte prescribed fire/fuels plan, ensuring that preparation, ignition, holding, mop-up, and rehabilitation are completed to the standards specified.
* During the implementation of prescribed fire plans, fuels projects, and wildland fire use plans, monitors fire behavior, evaluates fire effects, identifies potential problems and makes recommendations.
* Conducts field reconnaissance of prescribed fire/fuels treatment units, summarizes field findings, and makes recommendations on appropriate prescriptive criteria for meeting program objectives.
*Identifies and provides for training needs to support prescribed fire and fuels management training.
*Uses specialized equipment to support firing operations and suppression activities.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com