DEEP's Wildlife Division is seeking a Seasonal Resource Assistant to work with the Division’s Migratory Bird Program and support the CT Bird Atlas Project. The position is based at the Wildlife Division’s Franklin Swamp Wildlife Management Area in North Franklin, CT, but work will be conducted statewide.
The position is forty (40) hours per week. A work week is generally Monday through Friday, however, hours are variable. May require some early mornings or evenings..
Salary: $12 / hour. No benefits.
Length of position: Approximately 3 months beginning in September.
· A minimum of a B.S. degree in wildlife science, ecology, biology, or related field.
· The ability to identify Northeastern U.S. birds by sight and sound.
· Ability to navigate in the field.
· Ability and willingness to work individually for long hours in potentially adverse field conditions
· Attention to detail and ability to work under stressful conditions.
· Ability to develop and maintain a database.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com