Siemens Wind Power and Gamesa have recently merged to create a leader in the renewable energy industry, to provide cleaner, more reliable and more affordable energy to society, and to create lasting value for all stakeholders. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
As a Senior EHS Specialist, you will provide substantial support to the operations team to ensure appropriate health, safety and environmental arrangements are in place within your designated hub, to support delivery of a strong EHS management framework and positive culture.
You will proactively support the operations team by providing leadership, demonstrating and promoting responsible attitudes towards EHS, implementing best practice with regards to Health, Safety and Environmental standards and contributing towards the delivery of the overall business EHS strategy.
The position is based onshore and travel across the sites within the allocated hub will be routine and often require overnight stays. Additional UK wide travel will also be required occasionally.
The role will involve interface and collaboration with internal stakeholders across the business, third party contractors, customers and regulatory bodies.
The EHS Specialist will be responsible for proactively monitoring and assessing EHS performance, implementing improvement plans, driving the ongoing #HomeSafe EHS culture and providing extensive support on legislative and industry specific topics to ensure successful and safe operations and compliance with all applicable laws, standards and site/hub specific guidelines. In addition, the Senior EHS Specialist will be responsible for coordinating the EHS activities at a major hub, acting as a mentor to others and providing cover for the Onshore 1 EHS Manager in times of need.
Detailed Activities Include
- Engage with and promote the #HomeSafe EHS Culture.
- Support local engagement and alignment to the overall EHS strategic objectives.
- Full and effective implementation of the company’s health, safety & environmental management systems.
- Proactive monitoring, hazard identification and facilitating the implementation of effective control measures.
- Partnering with operations management and employees to provide advice and guidance on legislation, standards and local expectations/guidelines.
- Perform point of work visits to engage with service technicians, perform inspections, audits and provide coaching & development.
- Communication and collaboration with other EHS team members across the business to share learning and develop best practice.
- Create, develop and assist with delivery of EHS inductions and training.
- Provide assistance in the completion and regular review of risk assessments.
- Ensure all accidents, incident, and near misses are recorded, reported and investigated in accordance with company procedures and all corrective actions are identified, implemented, monitored and reviewed.
- Ensure EHS event statistics and KPI’s are compiled, analysed for trends, acted upon locally and shared throughout the business as necessary.
- Facilitate and support #HomeSafe and customer initiative, i.e. ZeroHarm, forums / workshops and develop a continual cultural improvement programme.
- Ensure all relevant health, safety and environmental records (e.g. records of thorough examination, risk assessments, training records etc.) are kept, maintained and updated as and when necessary.
- Support the Onshore 1 EHS Manager with nationwide EHS improvement projects.
- Undertake any reasonable activity that assists the business and the fulfilment of EHS related objectives.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level 5 / 6 EHS related qualification is preferable, or willingness to work towards in a reasonable time frame.
- Previous EHS experience in an operational/engineering environment, ideally gained within a power service or other heavily regulated industry.
- Demonstrable experience of providing pragmatic EHS guidance and problem solving ability.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a demanding, high performance work environment and team-oriented collaborative culture.
- Experience of dealing with regulatory bodies.
- Ability to take control of a situation and manage unplanned events.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships, manage expectations & perceptions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be fully computer literate with mainstream software packages.
- Full UK/IE driving license.
- Willingness to travel.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com