Siemens Ltd in Dublin, Ireland, have an exciting opportunity for an Environment, Health and Safety Manager working across all divisions including Power & Gas, Energy Management, Digital Factory, Power Distribution, Building Technologies and central functions.
With your enthusiasm and detailed knowledge of environment, health and safety operating systems and legislation, you will support the setting of company policies, translating those policies into working processes and ensuring all legislative, corporate and industry requirements are met.
Change the future with us.
As the EHS Manager you will be responsible for:
- Updating the company Safety Statement and deliver all subsequent communications.
- Conducting risk assessments, review and update existing risk assessments.
- Assessing training gaps, source & select suitable training providers and roll out training programmes.
- Managing the Integrated Management System for OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and ISO 50001 certified systems
- Liaising with the company leadership team to continuously improve the company safety system and culture.
- Developing and improve the company Zero Harm behaviour based initiative which focuses on safety, wellbeing and environment.
- Leading or support any investigations into near misses, accidents. Identify root causes and implement changes to prevent reoccurrences.
- Generating performance reports on EH&S KPI’s.
- Providing advice and operational support to business units on EH&S matters, including PSCS responsibilities.
- Managing the internal company VDU assessment programme.
- Maintaining a watch brief on all EH&S legislation changes and assess implications for the company.
- Carrying out site safety inspections and process audits as necessary.
- Ensuring all contractors are managed according to Siemens EH&S requirements.
- Ensuring all building related fire and emergency requirements are adhered to.
- Completing all environmental reporting requirements (WEEE, batteries, packaging)
What you need to make real what matters.
- Formal H&S qualification, minimum degree level.
- Extensive knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation (ROI and NI).
- Additional Skills which would be a distinct advantage: Trained VDU Assessor, Current Safe Pass Card, Manual Handling instructor, accredited ISO Auditor qualification.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of EU / UK / IE environment, health and safety legislation.
- Experience of certified integrated management systems and auditing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with all levels of staff, contractors or customers.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
How do you shape the future through Environment, Health & Safety? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow – the talented individuals ready to help our company transform entire industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the cutting edge of Siemens Limited.
This role is based in Dublin, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com