Job Role Summary
The Environmental Advisor position(s) provides environmental & regulatory compliance support to operating assets including refineries, chemical plants, production, processing and associated support facilities regarding national, federal, state and local environmental regulations. The Advisor may also assist in advocating company positions on emerging issues and regulations, primarily through national and or state trade organizations. Coordinates key environmental management processes in support of business units, including impact assessments, business planning, and regulatory advocacy.
Potential Work Locations: Houston, Baytown, and Corpus Christi, Texas; Santa Barbara, CA
Job Role Responsibilities
- Provide support and assist in developing and implementing compliance strategies for U.S. refineries, chemical plants and production or processing facilities on Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and relevant state regulations including National Ambient Air Quality Standards, New Source Performance Standards, Hazardous Air Pollutant Regulations, Title V operating permits and New Source Review construction permits.
- Become familiar with operating assets, company environmental policy, and standards; Provide technical support for site environmental management processes.
- Support compliance assurance systems (e.g., preparation of regulatory outlooks, analysis of new regulations, preparation of regulatory interpretations, and preparing applicability determinations).
- Assist in conducting workshops and training on existing and new EPA regulations and prepare compliance support tools (e.g. compliance checklists and manuals).
- Utilize environmental experience in conducting periodic site compliance assessments.
- Support ExxonMobil advocacy staff on regulatory issues to help drive reasonable rulemaking and regulatory interpretations.
- Understand how company procedures and processes are used to drive environmental protection and regulatory compliance and support the corresponding work processes.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related science or technical field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ of direct experience in U.S. Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA) or Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA) regulations.
- Experience in federal and state air permitting programs, including New Source Review and Prevention of Significant Deterioration
- On-site environmental, technical, or operating experience at a chemical, refining or production facility.
- Awareness of environmental regulations globally.
- Experience in developing and supporting environmental compliance assurance systems.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and promote change through use of performance data, technical knowledge and regulatory expertise.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to multiple organizational levels both internally and externally with trade association members and regulatory agencies.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years of experience in a regulatory compliance support role.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com