Arcadis seeks a Staff Air Quality Scientist or Engineer with experience in emissions characterization and quantification, air permitting and compliance and/or air dispersion modeling. This position will support our growing and collaborative Air Services practice through performance of air quality project deliverables. The position could be located in one of several Arcadis operating locations in the United States. Houston metro area is preferred.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to: - (List daily responsibilities)
- Performing timely, high quality air quality project deliverables.
- Collaborating within the Arcadis Air Community of Practice to effectively serve national, regional, and/or local clients and to ensure proper application of regulatory knowledge and analytical techniques.
- Independent thought and work ethic while maintaining the ability to problem-solve and collaborate within in a team.
- Effective verbal and communication skills.
- Minimum years of experience: 1 to 4 years
- Education required: Bachelors or Masters in Environmental Science, Chemical or Environmental Engineering, Meteorology or Atmospheric Sciences, or related science/engineering field
- Registrations/Certifications required:
- Special considerations, specific technical experience, skills, etc. include:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Clean Air Act regulations at the Federal level and for one or more states.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to travel for project work.
- Valid driver’s license.
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Education preferred: Masters or Bachelors
- Registrations/Certifications preferred: Engineer in Training (EIT) certification preferred but not required.
- Skills Preferred:
- Expertise or interest in working in one or more market areas: Upstream or Midstream Oil & Gas, Chemical, Power & Utilities, Mining, Federal and/or Manufacturing.
- Air quality consulting experience.
- Experience with digital solutions and technologies, data analytics and BIM a plus
- Experience with electronic emission quantification tools or air dispersion models associated with the areas of air quality practice specified in candidate’s application and resume.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com