Arcadis is seeking a Junior Geologist or Environmental Scientist with a minimum of 0-2 years post-graduate, non-academic, technical experience to be based in our Hillsborough, NJ office. Successful candidate will support existing remediation and construction projects located in NJ/PA/DE, and will also assist with other projects as needed. This is a position for a dynamic individual looking for career growth in environmental consulting. This full-time position is expected to support environmental investigation, remediation and permitting projects, and will be working alongside and supporting senior level managers and technical resources.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform fieldwork which may include drilling oversight for soil sampling and/or groundwater well installation, groundwater sampling, excavation oversight, operation and maintenance of remediation systems, and vapor intrusion/soil gas surveys
- Environmental remediation design tasks, including soil and groundwater remedial system and in-situ technology treatment design and assessments
- Office work may include task coordination, data compilation and interpretation, cost estimates, health & safety plan preparation, report writing, regulatory file review, proposal writing, project strategy development, schedule and budget management
- Assist Project Managers (PMs) and Task Managers (TMs) with planning environmental investigation and remediation tasks
- Prepare subcontracts and oversee the work of subcontractors
- Exhibit ownership of delegated tasks, including responsibility for coordination and delivery of on-schedule and on-budget tasks
Travel is approximately 15-25% overnight and/or outside of normal working hours.
- Minimum years of experience: 0-2 Year, post-graduate, non-academic, technical or professional experience
- Education required: Bachelors in Environmental Engineering or other Engineering, Science, or Environmental Discipline
- Candidate should be health and safety focused, and able to work successfully in both individual and team settings
- Willing and able to meet travel and field work requirements of 15-25% travel overnight and/or outside of work hours.
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Education: Masters in Environmental Engineering or other Engineering, Science, or Environmental Discipline
- 40 hour HAZWOPER
- Previous environmental sampling experience
- Experience around heavy equipment, excavation, and construction work
- Operation and maintenance experience on remediation systems
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com