WestRock is currently seeking an enthusiastic Environmental Engineer to join our team in Evadale, TX. The location is engaged in coated bleached paperboard manufacturing. Primary responsibilities for this position would include but are not limited to:
Provide technical (including engineering) advice and assistance to the facility using technical knowledge and experience to solve a variety of problems and assure/monitor facility adherence to WestRock policy and applicable regulatory requirements, making sure all facilities protect human health, the environment and provide for sustainable compliance.
Work together effectively with others as a team member
Interface with regulatory agencies on behalf of the Company or business unit.
Help ensure management and employees are in compliance with federal, state and local Environmental rules and regulations.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK
· Assist with planning, directing, and managing the environmental program at a major manufacturing facility to assure awareness and compliance.
· Maintain an informed status on all existing and proposed changes in State and local environmental regulations while informing the site of potential impact
· Prepare regulatory submittals & notifications or coordinate their completion on behalf of the facility. Primary responsibilities would include, but not be limited to water and waste regulatory programs, including day to day oversight of on-site company owned landfill. Other responsibilities would include assistance for air regulatory programs.
· Assist in review of proposed engineering/maintenance projects to understand and plan for potential environmental implications.
· Assist with the supervision of department support staff
· Assist with the development of site environmental goals and monitor key performance metrics
· Support incident response and management, reporting, and corrective action implementation
· Participate in audits and/or conduct self-assessments.
· Develop, manage, monitor & conduct enterprise environmental training.
· Assist operations with troubleshooting environmental-related issues
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
· The ideal candidate will possess a BS degree in engineering or a science discipline
· 5-7 years of environmental experience in an industrial setting, with primary water permitting and compliance experience, knowledge of RCRA standards, strong written and oral communication skills, and the willingness to work in a manufacturing environment
· Management or supervisory experience in planning, directing, organizing, and leading the work of environmental professionals and support staff
· Experience with department budgets and expenditures
· Experience working with hourly workforce including organized labor
· Proven ability to work as a team member
· Position may also require up to 10% travel
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com