For the last 40 years, Southface has been a leader in the research, design, and implementation of a regenerative economy for the Southeast. We are a group of change makers with a focus on generating the outcomes that lead to vibrant, healthy communities for all.
Our Policy practice prioritizes and champions the state and local policies that propel the clean energy and resource efficiency movement forward. We know that sound policy has the ability to transform the market for a clean energy economy, and we are working with our partners to influence data-driven, rigorous approaches to a low-carbon future. We strive to advance our policy goals through authentic and strategic engagement of communities, advocates, industry, and policymakers.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform research, gather and format data, perform analyses and write reports / position statements to support our policy work.
- Stay abreast of clean energy policy and sustainability planning initiatives at the city and state level; form initial recommendations for our engagement in key issue areas.
- Update and manage existing online databases of Georgia-specific energy data.
- Provide consultation and assistance to developers, elected officials, local governments, counties, and other stakeholders on resource efficiency in the built environment and potential pathways to implement clean energy solutions.
- Coordinate and assist in the organization and implementation of varied policy forums, projects, and programs.
- Support the coordination and delivery of community projects and programs related to equity, health, and shared prosperity in the transition to a low-carbon future.
- Author or co-author policy articles to demonstrate thought leadership.
- Assist with developing and / or delivering white papers, reports, and other project materials.
- Represent Southface in a variety of public forums.
The successful applicant for the position will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s or related degree
- In lieu of a Bachelor degree, a minimum of 3 years of experience in a relevant field may be acceptable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional task management and organizational skills
- Proven to be a self-starter and results oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; Salesforce experience a plus
- Collaborative and positive team-building demeanor
- Valid driver’s license with no major violations
Ability to carry 35 pounds, which may involve carrying project materials including program signs, presentation materials and equipment, such as a projector.