This position is part of the Alpena Fish and Wildlife Conservation Office. As a Biological Science Technician (Fisheries) you will support the delivery of the Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) program related to early detection and monitoring.
This is a Term appointment, not-to-exceed 13 months, which can be extended for a total appointment of 4 years.
Learn more about this agency
The major duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducting biological surveys of waters of the Great Lakes and connecting channels to detect aquatic invasive species.
- Using aquatic assessment equipment (nets, traps, and other gear) to collect fish, crayfish, and other aquatic organisms.
- Recording information and assisting with data entry using Excel and other computer software.
- Assisting in preparation of reports and recommendations based on the results of biological surveys.
- Operating and maintaining passenger vehicles, trucks, trailers and small watercraft.
75% or less - You will be expected to travel for this position.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com