Job available in 2 locations
Using established procedures under supervision, administers and assists in implementing Environmental Protection (EP)programs in multiple assigned districts within a Market Area. Serves as district EP contact to assist field operations personnel and management with technical guidance on EP topics and regulatory environments. Monitors and investigates compliance status providing training and to site and district management and operations personnel.
This position's location is flexible within the Indianapolis up through Northern Indiana.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Prepares, reviews and submits required environmental reports for internal and external audiences as required. Maintain EP data tracking system databases (Cycle, Dakota Tracer, Dakota Auditor), maintains Site Environmental files, and provides company related reporting.
- Communicates and implements the Corporate EP program policies and strategies within assigned districts. Serves as districts EP contact regarding incident notifications, environmental issues and permit applications.
- Monitors and records site operations and engineering efforts to maintain compliance. Investigates and assesses the regulatory findings and analysis and prepares related documents. Identifies local, state and federal regulatory impacts to operations.
- Plans, organizes and secures related environmental permits and other regulatory approvals. Prepares related documentation.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating and overseeing district EP testing, investigations, assessments, guidance and reporting.
- May evaluate 3rd party waste facilities
-Ensures environmental Plans accurately reflect operating conditions at our Sites
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Two years of environmental protection related experience (in addition to education requirement).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Requires knowledge of regulatory environment as it applies to environmental protection and compliance.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- MS Office familiarity, general computer acumen and ability to learn to utilize other job-related technical software.
- Familiarity with statistical methods.
- Research skills.
- A working understanding of corporate relationships - field operations and business hierarchy.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com