The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities and building successful client relationships. The employee could also be responsible for securing projects with existing and new clients, managing environmental projects that involve fieldwork, report preparation, budget management, and interaction with coworkers, clients, subcontractors, and regulators. Projects will include groundwater, surface water soil, and rock remedial projects; regulatory permitting; and hazardous waste site characterization and remediation. Position requires travel and fieldwork.
Additional position responsibilities will include the ability to:
* Develop remediation strategies, remedial design packages, standard operating procedures, and detailed design drawings and specifications;
* Understand various regulatory environments and associated technical requirements;
* Supervise, coordinate, review/evaluate activities carried out by junior engineers and scientists;
* Assist with junior staff mentoring, and team planning and development.
* B.S. (minimum) or M.S. (preferred) in Civil or Environmental Engineering. P.E in Georgia. Minimum 15 years of environmental project experience, including project management, proposal writing, client contact, and regulatory interaction.
The successful candidate must have:
* Proven ability to sell environmental solutions;
* Strong technical knowledge and the passion and desire to excel; and
* Strong and effective communication skills.
Golder is seeking a Senior Remediation engineer with experience in the Georgia market related to environmental remediation, focusing on remedial design, implementation of remedial measures, and regulatory closure of impacted sites. The preferred candidate will have substantial experience with clientele in private industry and be a licensed Professional Engineer in Georgia (and preferably other states).
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 8000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Benefits; Our staff benefit from:
* An option request purchasing shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy.
Golder Associates Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com