At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one great idea at a time. We provide the environment where these ideas thrive and grow into great products or customer experiences.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Product Environmental Compliance
- Monitor and review environmental laws and regulations in Canada, U.S., E.U., Asia and other countries that impact the use of chemicals in the aerospace industry;
- Assist in preparing guidance / regulatory reports on environmental regulations, analysis, statistics related to compliance, as required and communicate it to internal stakeholders;
- Compile mandatory substances information for products and work with different departments across the organization to inform customers as required under applicable regulations;
- Collaborate with Bombardier business units to assist with the development of compliance processes.
- Product Eco-Design
- Develop and implement environmental analysis based on ISO standards (14025, 14040, 14064, 14067) for research and development projects;
- Develop and implement Eco-design methodologies including, but not limited to chemicals compliance, new technologies and End-of-Life;
- Prepare and offer internal training on product environmental compliance and Eco-Design when required.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Engineering or equivalent;
- You hold a Master’s degree in Environment and Regulations (an asset);
- You have an ability to understand and translates environmental regulations into engineering requirements;
- You have a practical knowledge of ISO standards (14025, 14040, 14064, 14067 and 14001);
- You are able to train and provide guidance to engineers and suppliers;
- You have a good spoken and written communication skills in both official languages (French and English);
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office, experience in Excel VBA programing (an asset);
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com