We have an opportunity for a Solid Waste/Environmental Project Manager to join our rapidly growing and award-winning Nebraska/Iowa team.
The primary duties of this position include all aspects of engineering, project management, project pursuits, and client relationship management for projects primarily focused on the municipal solid waste (MSW), industrial waste, and recycling industries, with an emphasis on system planning, engineering analysis, cost estimating, design, construction management, pollution control systems, and permitting/regulatory compliance.
- Planning, design, permitting, and construction administration of landfill and monofill liner and final cover systems, storm water controls, groundwater monitoring and remediation networks, leachate management systems, landfill gas collection and control systems, and site layout/infrastructure elements (utilities, roads, support buildings, soil borrow areas, etc.).
- Function as a lead project designer, engineer of record, and project manager on mid-size to large projects, and is expected to demonstrate a history of progressive experience effectively leading similar scale projects.
- Responsible for assisting team leadership in sustaining and growing client relationships and organizing and contributing to overall business development opportunities.
- A core component of this will be identifying upcoming project opportunities and participating in the project pursuit and proposal development, including developing scopes of work and budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related.
- 10+/- years’ experience, MSW facility or related experience preferred.
- Proven leadership and Project Management skills required.
- Professional engineer (PE) license is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated understanding of client relationship management and evidence of experience interacting directly with clients higher preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D is a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented and a team player with great communication, technical writing, analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in project development and execution in the Public and Private sectors.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com