Our Operations department is focused on enabling our global offices to be as low risk as possible and enhancing their operational capabilities through a bond of mutual and sustainable growth, a high level of collaboration with each other and ability to share knowledge across the sisterhood of offices. This will be accomplished by establishing mutually agreed upon standards of performance and measuring the efficiency and effectiveness for the global offices. All offices will have a clear focus on achieving a high capacity rating and be able to pass an organizational assessment to ensure funding capacity and legality. We strive to provide for clear processes across our network to manage and mitigate the institutional risks – operational, personnel, financial, and political.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, you will support the team by assisting in developing trainings, improving systems and processes as well as monitoring performance across WRI. You will be involved in cross functional project management, financial analysis, process improvement for internal systems within the Operations department for our global offices.
Main areas of responsibility will include the following:
- Internal Operations Support: Support the Finance team.
- Assist the Global Finance Director and the Chief Finance and Operations Officer (CFOO) in operational and core support projects (grants & contracts, accounting, operations, human resources, facilities, communications, development)
- Develop and refine training curriculum for the Institute’s internal operational systems and processes
- Lead, under supervision of the Global Finance Director, in strategic initiatives that require change management
- Conduct periodic Operations service quality assessments and action plans
- Schedule meetings and provide administrative support in meetings as needed
- Special Project Management: Ensure timely and accurate key deliverables which include meaningful information to manage the Institute’s programs and offices. Ensure strong key decision support tools by identifying and driving process and system optimizations.
- Support WRI employees in project management related questions and support
- Track and document best practices (past performance, lessons learned) on assigned projects to share with team
- Review financial systems and processes/workflows to identify areas for process improvement
- Financial Reporting and Decision support: Communicate program, project, international office, and organization-wide financial and operational performance trends; historical and forecasted; using appropriate metrics. Emphasize processes and systems that facilitate the “One WRI” culture.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager in the annual and quarterly financial reviews with programs, departments, and country offices that are coordinated by the Finance team, analyzing and writing up minutes, action items, and trends
- Support the Global Finance Director and the CFOO in various ad hoc reporting and presentations using PowerPoint, Power BI, Excel, and Word
- Under supervision of Senior Finance Manager, support the Finance team on monthly and quarterly financial reports and dashboard
- Assist programs in reviewing proposals, coordinate for cross-programmatic proposals as needed
- Be familiar with Salesforce CRM and SharePoint and be able to advise employees on tracking donors
- Assist in tracking grants, revenue, cash/receivables for the Institute
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant finance full-time work experience
- Systems experience: PowerPoint, Salesforce, Sharepoint workflows, Visio, Power BI, Office 365 suite of applications
- Strong written, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills; ability to work across levels and with other countries
- Ability to own and manage significant projects and to be creative and proactive in finding solutions
- Highly attentive to detail and well organized
- Possess excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and the ability to apply sound judgment to complex business transactions
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Commitment to WRI’s mission and institutional values
- Preferred experience: ERP experience, international work with developing countries
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Be a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for engaging staff and managers to drive results
- Demonstrate capacity to work well under pressure with competing demands
- Collaborate across a global network and manage remote relationships
- Be creative and innovative, integrating ideas and input from various sources to find solutions
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com