Support and implement reporting obligations related to greenhouse (GHG) allowances, fuel mix, GHG emissions, carbon offsets, renewable energy credits (RECs), and renewable portfolio standards (RPS). Manage compliance and marketing positions for company’s GHG allowance, REC and low carbon fuel standard (LCFS) credit portfolios. Develop and implement greenhouse gas (GHG) allowance and carbon offset purchase and sale strategies.
- Implement GHG emissions and fuel mix reporting obligations and support reporting obligations for RECs and state RPS requirements in accordance with California, Oregon, and Washington regulatory program requirements.
- Manage compliance and marketing positions for GHG allowances, RECs, and LCFS credits.
- Compile, analyze, interpret, and summarize REC, GHG allowance, and LCFS credit data.
- Develop GHG allowance, REC, LCFS credit and carbon offset marketing strategies accounting for market intelligence, interpretation of rules and legislation, cost, and risk.
- Provide data and analysis in support of new and existing legislation or policies related to RECs, GHG, carbon offsets, and RPS obligations.
- Implements all elements (i.e., contracting, tracking, reporting, and approvals) of marketing activities related to RECs, LCFS credits, carbon offsets, and GHG allowances, including PacifiCorp’s participation in California GHG allowance auctions, consistent with internal policies and procedures.
- Manage purchases of environmental commodities for company voluntary program offerings.
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with key individuals and entities in the environmental attributes (RECs, GHG, carbon offsets, etc.) market place.
- Work closely with senior management and other departments in support of organizational objectives.
- Represent the company when interfacing with commercial counterparties, state regulatory commissions, and other state regulatory stakeholder groups.
- Prepare testimony to support regulatory proceedings as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in regulatory compliance and data analysis, or a related area.
- Knowledge of GHG emissions, fuel mix, and REC reporting requirements concepts in both voluntary and regulatory environments.
- Data analysis and report compilation experience including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in performing environmental attribute marketing activities.
- Proven skills in sales and negotiations, problem solving, and analysis.
- Familiarity with applicable federal, state, local laws, and regulations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to assertively negotiate transactions and settlements.
- Advanced degree.
- Leadership and teamwork skills to negotiate with and influence peers and management on policy and strategic issues.
- Understanding of commodity risk management concepts.
- Knowledge of the company’s policies, procedures, and practices.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com