What you will do:
Environmental Health and Safety, Manager and implement programs in accordance with local labor laws in areas of Safety and environmental health. Provides oversight and leadership for the environmental, health, and safety (EHS) function for the Manufacturing Operation business. Directs, supervises and supports a team and plant-level EHS professionals in the implementation of the EHS program and processes and their integration with the new projects where required.Provides technical support on EHS matters to region and works with EHS team to develop new processes, safety training, and related materials, and to update existing processes that address internal/external needs, and reduce employee injury.
How you will do it:
- Provides leadership and strategic direction in the implementation of applicable EHS programs and processes that are specific to the operations, legislative requirements, and where appropriate new projects specifications.
- Leads the expansion development process by evaluating and reviewing proposals, request for proposals and contract documentation for relevant EHS issues. Works to establish criteria for the various new business expansions.
- Develop and manage regional EHS management system as it relates to both JCI and industry requirements, and meets compliance goals of ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001.
- Supports and provide regional EHS professional review of incident investigations and corrective actions.
- Represents geography at Corporate and regional EHS forums.
- Presents EHS program and performance data to Corporate and BT&S Staff based on need as established by operations and new projects. Presentations are made throughout all phases of new projects development process including proposal, start-up/transition, or on a periodic basis.
- Directs and conducts the start-up/transition activities on new or expanding projects. These activities include: Expectations meeting with new Staff operations, site hazard assessment, development and initial execution of the EHS plan, and the development of an action plan with timeframes to fully implement the EHS plan. Tracks progress on completion of the action plan by the project/plant and reports to management team.
- Conducts EHS training for all levels of Staff, Plant employees and contractors based on specific needs and requirements. Training may include EHS strategies and goals, technical EHS and program information, injury trend data, EHS/regulatory information pertinent to the plant/ new project's activities, etc.
- Oversees the management of work-related injuries at the Manufacturing plants along with the application of cost containment measures where appropriate.
- Assists in calculating and communicating EHS performance metrics and goals for the accounts and regularly tracks and reports specific plant progress against EHS BT&S Manufacturing goals to JCI management teams.
- Evaluates and analyzes injuries and related trends within manufacturing plants, and works directly with those plants to establish root causes and associated preventative measures.
- Provides direction on the need and frequency for site surveys and audits, and either conducts the audits, or works with the Global EHS Director to plan the level of audit support necessary.
- Works with the Plant HR Managers and Plant EHS professionals to develop and implement action to improve Plant EHS performance. Tracks and measures corrective action and improvement.
- Maintains current knowledge of EHS industry best practices and technological developments and equipment to remain up-to-date on related systems, devices and techniques designed to eliminate or minimize associated risks. Keeps current on regulatory requirements pertaining to EHS.
What we look for:
- Engineer Degree
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the area of EHS.
- Needs to be computer literate and proficient in the use and application of programs such as: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- The position requires 30% of travel as required.
- The candidate needs to have a strong customer service attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com