JOIN A TEAM RECOGNIZED FOR LEADERSHIP, INNOVATION AND DIVERSITY
The HBS Eastern US Health, Safety and Environment Leader (HSE) will provide subject matter expertise that assists the business in managing the risks associated with all operational aspects of the business.
Reporting to the HBS Americas HSE Director, you will deliver the HBS HSE Annual Operating Plan (AOP) whilst minimizing risks to ensure long term sustainability of the HBS Americas businesses. You will work towards developing an HSE performance culture that will differentiate us from our competitors and expand Honeywell’s reputation as a low risk provider.
- Compliance to Honeywell corporate requirements and legislation.
- Represent the Eastern US Region in the HBS Americas HSE team.
- Establish relationships and processes with HBS Eastern US Region business managers to influence all employees to meet HSE goals and objectives.
- Work with the Americas HSE Director to identify actions required to maintain HS&E Certification to OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001/14001.
- Facilitate a change to HBS culture toward a safe working environment by enhancing the knowledge, skills and attitudes of Honeywell employees and sub-contractors
- Advise management on HSE matters as they affect all aspects of HBS in the Eastern US.
- Audit Honeywell managed facilities to ensure we are compliant to statutory and corporate requirements and working to approved risk management plans. (Including rire testing regulations, cooling tower/water treatment testing, lift inspections as per manufacturer’s recommendation, etc).
- Assist in making HSE a competitive differentiator for Honeywell in the marketplace.
- Participate in and support the Crisis and Emergency Management Team.
- Co-ordinate with HBS Americas HSE Director for corporate compliance and event reporting.
- Conduct regular and ongoing HSE reviews of projects and service contracts across the Eastern US Region.
- Work with the Americas HSE Team and Regional Leaders as required to advance new programs, processes and tools to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of HSE practices.
- Ensure the integration of HSE practices in the HOS Gold Enterprise initiative.
- Willing to travel frequently (usually domestic).
Implements HSE&F standards
Site compliance reviews
Advocates HOS behaviors
Deploys safety initiatives
Ensures compliance standards
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, manufacturing, safety, environmental science or facilities-related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a full-time HSE role with demonstrated HSE field experience.
- Master's Degree in Health, Safety, Environment or Engineering.
- Green belt certified or willing to become certified in first 12 months.
- A comprehensive knowledge of HSE legislation and management systems.
- Outstanding influencing and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrable personal attributes to effectively communicate and influence all levels of employees and leadership.
- Experienced in change management and continuous improvement projects.
- French language skills (professional).
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com