The Regional Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager is part of the global Environmental Health, and Safety Team with the primary responsibility of implementing Google’s Global Safety Management Framework in our Americas offices. You will partner with various departments, focusing to develop cross functional solutions for Security, Facilities, Risk Management, Human Resources, Employment Legal and Product area stakeholders.
From keeping Googlers safe and secure to managing disruptive events, the ability to anticipate, deter, detect, and act are the pillars of Google’s Global Security and Resilience Services (GSRS) team. As a member of GSRS you will help develop a culture where safety, security and resiliency are integrated into every facet of Google, including the creative process. You will help us continually identify, evaluate and monitor enterprise risks that could affect business activities and provide business leaders the information they need to make critical decisions. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative strategies and develop best in class programs that drive sustainable effectiveness.
- Oversee the deployment of Google’s Global Environmental Health and Safety framework within the region.
- Assist Facilities and local safety liaisons to integrate localized environmental health safety guidelines, programs and training.
- Assist in emergency response program delivery (First Aid/CPR training, building evacuation team, general emergency response planning).
- Coordinate regional risk assessments with local and remote facilities teams; recommend corrective actions and assist the relevant management to achieve closure.
- Conduct hazard assessments and provide mitigation guidance in accordance to established business practices.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in evaluating, reducing, and communicating safety risks.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
- Experience in developing and implementing Environmental Health and Safety programs, procedures, associated training, guidance documents, and job aids.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal safety regulations and standards in United States and Canada.
- Knowledge with Industrial Hygiene principles.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and ability to perform in a highly complex and ambiguous environment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com