As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a mid-level EHS Compliance and Management Scientist/Engineer for the Walnut Creek or Sunnyvale, CA office, reporting to the EHS Team in Jacksonville, FL
This individual will provide technical support on a variety of EHS compliance projects including, but not limited to:
* Conducting field assignments, such as performing EHS compliance audits, conducting training, chemical inventory assessments, job hazard assessments and similar assignments;
* Developing programs, performing audits, and providing training to support clients’ ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 EHS management systems;
* EHS compliance program support for industrial clients including developing procedures and permits, preparing and submitting periodic regulatory reports, and preparing EHS training programs;
* Preparing technical reports, including documentation of audits and field investigative procedures, data management and interpretation, and development of graphical and tabular presentation of data.
This position requires travel to and work at client sites for information gathering and client meetings. This individual should expect to spend approximately 50% of their work time at client sites throughout the United States; each individual trip generally lasts 2 to 5 days for this position. This individual should be able to conduct visual inspections at industrial facilities, including climbing ladders and walking up stairs. The individual will gain increasing responsibility for project and proposal management through training provided by Golder and will work closely with and support senior EHS compliance and management practitioners and project managers. Interacting with clients and regulators to meet task and budget requirements is a key to success in this position.
* A minimum of 5 years of related experience
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Safety Engineering, or similar scientific discipline
* Knowledge of and experience with reviewing and applying Federal, state, and local EHS regulations
* Experience developing and auditing EHS programs in industrial settings preferred
* Experience with EHS management systems, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001; formal auditor training is preferred
* Consulting experience including proposal writing, project management, and business development is required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and web-based applications
Our Staff Benefit from:
An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
Employee mentoring program
Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com