As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
* Oversee the strategic development and implementation of a diverse environmental permitting practice across Latin America.
* Primary focus will be on capturing and delivering projects for International Financing Institutions. Secondary focus will be on expansion of existing environmental permitting practice focusing on Private Sector customers in the O&G, Mining, and Power Sectors.
* Additional responsibilities include development and shared oversight of an environmental audit (including due diligence, EHS, and Phase 1 & Phase 2), assessment, and remediation team servicing clients from diverse sectors.
* Typical projects types associated with this overall role are water, sustainability, power, O&G, manufacturing, and mining related.
* MS Degree in Biology or Ecology and minimum of 20 years of experience working in the consulting industry
* Proven experience managing large complex permitting projects for Private Sector Clients and International Financial Institutions (IFI’s) Across Latin America
* Documented success in obtaining approval of Environmental Impact Statements, Environmental Assessments, and Socio-Economic Impact Assessments
* Demonstrated experience managing large single projects and/or multiple projects with budgets in excess of $2M in professional fees
* Proven ability to work seamlessly with financial institutions, regulators, senior client representatives, multiple internal offices, and sub-contractors
* Ability to demonstrate contracting experience in Latin America, including pricing, Terms and Conditions negotiation, tax implications, mobility limitations, safety, security, and project logistics
* Ability to travel to Latin American countries frequently to accomplish project and management tasks
* Demonstrated ability to manage complex schedules
* Excellent communication skills in written and spoken Spanish and English
* Proven experience working in the Power, O&G, manufacturing, and Mining Sectors
* Sustainable development and conservation of natural resources experience
* Experience incorporating Equator Principals and International Best Practices into project deliverables
* Demonstrated experience using IFC Performance Standards and IADB Safeguards
* Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com