• Implement programs and procedures to assure the compliance of the company’s domestic construction site with applicable federal, state and local environmental regulations.
• Supervise job environmental process and address any potential violations and concerns.
• Implement programs, procedures and policies to assure proper environmental monitoring and management.
• Assist supervisors, managers and others in obtaining and maintaining environmental permits.
• Assist engineering and operations management in planning for compliance of new and modified processes and operations with environmental regulations.
• Oversee the drafting and preparation of permit applications and application renewal in compliance with environmental regulations.
• Participate in environmental issue investigations, overseeing reporting and implementation of corrective actions.
• Develop and implement environmental training programs.
• Implement community right-to-know programs relative to the project’s compliance with environmental regulations and standards.
• Significant demonstrated experience related to the areas of responsibility for environmental compliance for major transportation construction projects or similar is a plus but not necessary
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel)
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, biology, or related field
• Minimum of 10 years of industry experience in environmental compliance, working knowledge of environmental codes and standards
• CPESC Certification is a plus
• ISO 14000 certifications is a plus
• Detail oriented, flexible, and highly motivated
• Strong work ethic and professional demeanor
• Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Must be team player but able to work independently to meet intense deadlines, goals and objectives
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com