ERM is seeking a high-performing Junior Aquatic Scientist to join our team in our Yellowknife, NT office. The successful candidate will become a member of a large Freshwater and Marine Sciences team and will interact within a multidisciplinary community of toxicologists, geochemists, hydrologists, fisheries biologists, and wildlife biologists (among other disciplines), and will become a member of an extensive team of global environmental and social experts. This position is designed for a motivated, career-minded person who enjoys working independently and seeks responsibility. This opportunity offers the chance to explore the North from the exciting, tightly knit community of Yellowknife!
- Design and implement aquatic baseline studies and monitor programs in streams, rivers, and lakes involving water quality, sediment quality, and biotic communities (benthic macroinvertebrates, zooplankton, periphyton, and phytoplankton).
- Manage projects from the program development to report completion.
- Contribute to database management related to various projects.
- Assist Office Manager and liaise with ERM team members from other offices for project support and completion.
- Prioritize and meet deadlines in a demanding work environment.
- Masters level education in an Aquatic Biology or similar discipline.
- Expertise with Federal, Provincial and Territorial regulations and guidelines.
- Field experience in hydrology, fisheries, wildlife, and air quality (meteorology) is considered an asset.
- Prior experience in environmental consulting or government and the mining sector is considered an asset.
- Strong multivariate statistical skills using the open source program R.
- Problem solver with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent writing skills, communication skills, and time management skills.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!