ERM is seeking an Air Quality Senior Consultant/Project Manager to join our Air Quality & Climate Change team in Atlanta, GA. In this role, you will contribute technically to and manage challenging air quality compliance assurance, permitting, modeling, climate change, and related projects in the manufacturing, power, chemical, mining and oil & gas sectors throughout the southeastern US, as well as other national and international locations. The successful candidate will network with ERM's national and global air quality team to share consulting opportunities, business relationships, and the application of best technical and regulatory practices to address client needs.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a mid- to senior-level professional looking to advance their career with a global environmental leader, and to make a significant impact in successfully implementing ERM's global strategy.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for expanding ERM's air quality service area and client base in the southeastern US market, particularly in the manufacturing, power, chemical and oil & gas sectors.
- Work with client account teams to identify and develop new opportunities with their respective clients, prepare winning technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in developing new business with these clients. Develop and expand client relationships through excellent delivery of ERM services that results in repeat business. Identify and develop new clients who can contribute to achieving ERM’s goals.
- Manage strategic air permits and compliance assurance projects and programs for a variety of industrial clients with complex technical/regulatory issues. Work closely with clients and develop strong relationships to understand specific processes and develop a permitting and compliance strategy to help them maintain maximum operating flexibility. Achieve client’s expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Serve as a senior technical resource on air quality compliance assurance and permitting projects and programs, including regulatory analyses of industrial facility operations; major and minor source air permit applications under NSR, PSD, Title V, and state-level regulations; and NESHAP MACT compliance programs.
- Mentor junior and mid-level staff in the proper planning and execution of air quality projects, delivering high quality services and products to clients, and in directing or conducting independent technical reviews of deliverable work products.
- Support the growth of ERM’s global air quality and climate change services through collaboration with other ERM practitioners to execute air quality projects.
- Support branding of ERM in the marketplace through presenting technical papers at regional, national and global conferences and preparing papers for publication.
- BS in engineering (chemical and environmental preferred), environmental science, or related degree. MS preferred. PE license preferred or at least a willingness and ability to obtain a PE license.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in air quality/compliance consulting, including strong technical and regulatory skills and experience with Title V, PSD, NSR, BACT, and MACT.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic and critical thinking, negotiation, presentation, and “people” leadership skills.
- Proven experience in business development and sales of air quality consulting services with industrial clients.
- Established relationships with large, private-sector industrial companies desirable.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com