ERM is seeking an experienced, hands-on Environmental Consultant in our Bellingham, WA office. This individual will provide in-office and in-field consulting as well as support office administrative functions. This person will provide high-quality administrative, project, and proposal assistance to our Project Managers and Partners in ERM’s 15-person office. We are seeking candidates with self-initiative, positive team attitude, and technical quality and creativity, to ensure the office operates efficiently. This position provides an excellent opportunity and introduction to ERM's sustainability services with fast career growth potential. This is a great opportunity to work with a global environmental leader in an exciting industry!
- Conduct compliance inspections at client facilities.
- Perform field work that could include observations, environmental sample collection, and oversight.
- Perform regulatory research for client due diligence projects.
- Support management of field samples including collection, packaging, and shipping, and analysis of laboratory results.
- Provide high-quality administrative, project, and proposal support, while successfully juggling multiple deadline-driven tasks.
- Produce technical documents, reports, proposals, and presentations, including significant word processing and formatting (Microsoft Word), proofreading, and production (photocopying, collating, binding, delivery).
- Create and/or edit documents/presentations in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Assist Project Managers with project budget set-up, change order, and close-out forms using our Global Project Management System (BST software).
- Complete work assignments in accordance with ERM's management system, format and quality standards, and on schedule.
- 2+ years of relevant experience; experience in a professional services firm environment preferred.
- Bachelors degree, or recent graduate in a related technical engineering/science field and interested in a consulting career path will be considered.
- Financial management and business skills a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Detail orientation with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team and be a self-starter.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet).
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers license
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com