About the Position: Environmental Protection Specialist performs a range of professional environmental protection work required to ensure installation-wide compliance with environmental laws and regulations issued by Federal, State and local governments. Responsible for the implementation of environmental control programs and policies which cover a wide range of subjects concerned with environmental protection, enhancement, and regulatory requirements, and the protection of nature resources.
Learn more about this agency
- Develop and implement pest management, wetland permitting, or natural resources management program in accordance with environmental laws, executive orders and regulations.
- Provide policies, engineering controls and procedures regarding compliance, enhancement and restoration efforts for pest management and natural resources management.
- Serve as Installation Pest Management Coordinator (IPMC).
- Serve as Quality Assurance Expert (QAE) for pest management contracts.
- Prepare, monitor, and update the installation Integrated Pest Management Plan (IPMP) which outlines pest and pesticide management policy; identify short and long-term goals and objectives; and estimate resources needed for prevention and abatement.
- Coordinate with local, state, military and federal agencies to ensure that the installation pest management program is in full compliance with the law and with DoD and Army policy.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$81,548 to $106,012 per year. Pay scale & grade GS 12.