Weston Solutions, Inc. is actively seeking an experienced field biologist/botanist to provide technical support and expertise to project managers in our siting, licensing and permitting practice. The Associate Scientist provides clients with accurate and pertinent scientific data according to agreed upon methods, procedures, and techniques. Provides sound conclusions and recommendations based upon field investigations and literature reviews within the established project schedules.
- Implements field and sampling programs appropriate to the assigned projects.
- Obtains all data as prescribed by the scope of work and present it in a logical, coherent manner. Prepares written reports, tables, figures and illustrations.
- Conducts laboratory analysis appropriate to the proper identification and evaluation of samples (if applicable).
- Conducts literature searches to compile pertinent information and evaluates and correlates the compiled literature.
- As assigned, assists, reviews and/or evaluates on-going projects in the specialty.
- Maintains a current knowledge of the recent works in the field for application on existing and proposed projects.
- Recommends improvements in sampling techniques and system design, laboratory practices, etc.
- Relies on a knowledge of both laboratory and field investigation methods and procedures. Field investigating procedures include selection of sampling sites, use of sampling equipment and knowledge of sampling techniques. Laboratory investigation consists of being able to process the samples collected in the field (processing methods may be project specific) in order to assure proper identification.
- Thoroughly understands and conducts scientific literature searches. Assesses data as it relates to project identification.
- Uses biometrics and statistical analysis in applying data analysis techniques.
- Prepares meaningful, precise, easily read, scientific reports of field and laboratory results appropriate to the defined areas of investigation.
- Prepares natural resource permitting and compliance documents.
- Maintains current knowledge of State and Federal regulations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- B.S. or B.A. in a biological field orientated natural resources program with 0-5 years of experience
- Demonstrated plant identification skills in northeast and/or southcentral US flora
- Field experience in the northeast and/or southcentral United States
- Familiarity with technology in discipline
- Strong mathematics background
- Able to communicate both verbally and written.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively or independently in a fast paced environment.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com