Our Wall, NJ office seeks an Associate Environmental Scientist or Geologist to join our team.
This position typically consists of 70% fieldwork and 30% office work, and may include some overnight travel.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participates in monitoring well installations and soil/groundwater/vapor intrusion sampling events
- Compiles and completes field notes on each event/site
- Records data, prepares reports, provides analysis and interpretations
- Completes groundwater monitoring and other technical reports, including generation of tables, figures and appendices
- Prepares NJDEP forms, including individual Report forms, Case Inventory Documents (CIDs), Receptor Evaluations (RE), Pubic Notifications, Full Laboratory Deliverables, and Well Searches
- Performs hydrogeological assessments regarding groundwater flows to identify contamination impact and related concerns
- Researches information relating to identifying geological formations and soil delineation studies and prepares reports (NJ DEP, PA/SI, RIR, RAR, RAPS/RAOs) and geological maps based on the findings
- Performs groundwater sampling, gauging and product bailing, and surveying
- Participates in the identification of viable remedial solutions consistent with all Federal, state, and local regulations
- Familiarity with NJ DEP SRRA and ARRCS, technical regulations, NJDEP guidance documents, and LSRP program.
Skills & Requirements
Team Player, dynamic, eagerness to learn, motivated and highly responsive
· Interest in Career Development
- General knowledge of LSRP program and willingness to review and ability to comprehend NJDEP guidance.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science, Engineering or a related discipline and 2-4 years of related experience is required. Retail petroleum and/or industrial site experience is a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented, and a team player
- Must have good technical writing, communication, analytical, organization, decision-making, and time management skills.
· Must be resourceful and possess a high degree of initiative.
· Must have OSHA 40 hr. Hazwoper and up to date on 8 hr. Refresher Training.
· Possession of TWIC card is preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Drug/Alcohol screening and a background check are required.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription card, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com