A valid Professional Geologist license (Pennsylvania) is REQUIRED to be considered.
The typical workweek will consist of up to three 12-16 hour days across a seven-day workweek, depending on candidate availability.
- Observe the advancement and completion of HDD bores
- Support HDD inadvertent returns (IRs) in relationship to wetlands, streams, etc.
- Support on-site open trench soils management, and various associated soils/wetland activities that may include supporting wetland scientist
- Daily notification/communication with the project leads that includes the submittal of daily field records
- Understand and observe geologic conditions of the pipeline area of disturbance
- Periodic trips to nearest GES office as requested for training and updates
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- A current Pennsylvania PG license is required for this position
- BS or higher in Geology or Engineering Geology required
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in oral and written communications
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe PDF
- Access to smartphone and laptop with the ability to transmit documents remotely as needed
- A Background Check and an Alcohol/Drug Screening are required.
- Must have clean driving record and a valid driver's license
- GES will provide a vehicle that may be a GES fleet vehicle or a rental vehicle for this work. If a personal vehicle is utilize the prevailing, compensation per mile will be provided.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com