The purpose of this position is to serve as an environmental compliance specialist to provide policy and technical assistance on a wide variety of existing, new and emerging regulatory requirements of national significance and interest with potential impact to the EM project.
Learn more about this agency
As an Enviromental Protection Specialist, you will
- Plan, develop, organize, administer, evaluate, and coordinate program activities to ensure the sites are in compliance with requirements found in applicable compliance agreements, consent orders, congressional legislation and direction National Environmental Policy Act analysis, DOE orders (including specifically 0435.1 and 450), grants, cooperative agreements, and agreements in principle, and other existing environmental regulations/agreements/polices, compiling and maintain current information on such compliance.
- Provide staff guidance within the environmental programs to ensure consistent and effective and efficient implementation of Federal environmental requirements regarding generation, treatment, storage, packaging, transportation, and disposal of hazardous materials and wastes.
- Develop and finalize National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) environmental impact statements, assessments, and conclusions.
- Interact internally and externally as an informed program advocate to resolve regulatory policy/compliance issues related to Section 3316 and DOE Order 435.1 implementation.
- Integrate environmental planning into action planning at the earliest possible stage and adverse action planners as to compliance concerns, prohibitions, and mitigation costs.
- Establishe and maintain channels of communications with appropriate EM, DOE and external entities on Section 3116 and Order 435.1 policies and compliance.
- Develop EM and DOE white papers/issue papers on Section 3116, DOE Order 435.1 and other existing environmental regulations/agreements/policies to articulate and promote the organization’s purpose and programs to outside groups.
- Recommend solutions to regulatory problems/issues or internal/interagency discussions pertaining environmental compliance and remedial actions.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$56,233 to $106,012 per year. Pay scale & grade GS 09 - 12.