GROW WITH US
As the largest 100% employee-owned company in the resource recovery industry, Recology has a unique workplace culture that guides how we support employees, interact with our customers, service our communities, and care for our environment.
We encourage Recology employees to G.R.O.W. with Us professionally and personally by:
- Giving back to our communities and our environment by volunteering time and resources
- Recovering resources to achieve their best and highest use
- Exhibiting Ownership in a company that does the right things for the right reasons, ensuring that our actions benefit the company, the communities we serve, and our environment.
- Working together to develop camaraderie and facilitate collaboration. By demonstrating an inclusive attitude that values different backgrounds and ideas, we can get the job done.
You can G.R.O.W. with Us by becoming our Waste Zero Outreach Manager
Develops strategies for diversion programs in an effort to ensure diversion goals are met. Supervises and motivates a diversion team staff while performing customer calls on new and current customers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Develops, in accordance with general management, strategies for diversion programs to ensure diversion goals are met.
- Collaboratively interfaces with government staff, elected officials, representatives of government agencies, City department staff and Company management to effectively promote diversion programs.
- Motivates and supervises diversion team (Recycling Coordinators and Diversion Auditors) to implement diversion programs.
- Develops new customers while providing service and information to existing customers.
- Responds to inquiries for information and service from customers and general public.
- Identifies and contacts potential customers/decision maker or influencer.
- Attends professional association meetings.
- Calls upon existing customers to obtain feedback and assurance of continued quality service.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Four years of supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience in waste industry, recycling programs, community relations, or related field preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
IDEAL CANDIDATE – The qualifications listed are typical of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of successful employees within this classification.
- Technical and professional principals, practices, laws, applications and programs in position related area.
- Current developments and trends in the areas of marketing, communications, public outreach and management.
- Computer programs, including Microsoft Office suite of applications, multi-tiered and web-based information systems architecture; infrastructural technologies relevant for business support (e.g. databases, server, etc).
- Principles of personnel training, supervision and evaluation.
- Supervisory techniques, resource allocation, planning and budgeting.
- Principles of personnel training, supervision, motivation, and evaluation.
- Supervising staff resource allocation, planning and budgeting.
Skill and / or Ability to:
- Ability to promote the WASTE ZERO philosophy by making the best and highest use of all resources as well as finding ways to use waste products in ways that benefit the environment.
- Develop strategies to effectively manage current and future challenges and opportunities; develop recommendations and actionable plans.
- Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions; generate innovative ideas to develop or improve existing systems.
- Demonstrate ability to use computers and technology capabilities.
- Demonstrate strong proficiency and knowledge in area(s) of expertise as well as company business and proficiency in strategic and financial processes.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing; listen to and understand various viewpoints; share relevant information timely; provide constructive feedback; maintain professionalism.
- Use data to inform and set priorities and identify challenges/opportunities.
- Present ideas effectively to individuals or groups and deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Effectively and productively engage with others and establish trust, credibility, and confidence.
- Promote collaboration and assist others with their initiatives and efforts.
- Motivate and empower others to achieve objectives and to develop a culture where employees feel ownership in what they do.
- Ability to attract, develop and retain good people; allow opportunities for self and others to reach their full potential; build and share knowledge and expertise.
- Listen to and build customer relationships; increase customer satisfaction and ensure commitments are met.
- an ecologically innovative company that finds and mentors people committed to protecting the environment and sustaining our communities.
- the largest employee owned resource recovery company in the industry with terrific benefits to help you prosper.
- a creative and caring culture that values community, diversity, altruism, accountability, collaboration, and learning by doing.
- an inspired company mission driven to use and return resources to their best and highest use through the practice of the 4R’s: Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, and Recologize.
- distinct professional challenges to connect with, care for, and grow community that sees a world without waste.
RECOLOGY BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- becoming an owner in our Company
- two retirement plans:
- a supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) match (up to 4% of salary)
- health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- educational assistance (up to $5,250 per year)
- a robust employee assistance program with financial guidance, legal assistance, dependent referrals and lots of discounts to a variety of vendors
- an employee referral program where you can achieve cash incentives (up to $2500 per referral)
- generous paid time off and paid holidays
- commuting benefits - we help subsidize the cost to get to work
- annual wellness incentives (up to $300)
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com