Job Description and Duties
Under supervision of the Senior Environmental Scientist (Supervisor) for the South Coast Region’s (SCR) Wildlife & Lands function and under the primary lead of the SCR Environmental Scientist, the incumbent will assist in the management and maintenance of various Ecological Reserves and other lands, to maintain the properties in good condition for the benefit of wildlife, plants, unique habitats and public safety.
- Assist Land Managers in protecting Department lands and ensuring public safety by posting signs, maintaining fencing, removing refuse, maintaining trails and roads.
- Assist in construction, maintenance or decommissioning of various types of facilities.
- Maintain equipment in safe and good working order.
- Assist with field projects involving data collection, species and habitat restoration projects.
- Assist in exotic plant control using mechanical and chemical (herbicide) techniques
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
- Willingness to work irregular hours including weekends and holidays;
- Ability to work in various weather conditions and on uneven terrain;
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com