The Environmental Compliance Engineer is responsible for Air Compliance for an assigned operating unit at the INVISTA Victoria Plant Nylon Intermediates Manufacturing Facility. This role reports to the Air & Environmental Capabilities Leader. A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- The ability to produce accurate, high quality work in a time-sensitive fast paced environment.
- The ability to organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and proven success in communicating effectively with all levels.
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with integrity, compliance, and in a safe and efficient manner.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Provide support to the Air & Environmental Capabilities Leader in developing, executing and maintaining site compliance with air permits and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for managing one or more environmental programs such as: Title V, HON (Hazardous Organic NESHAPS (National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants)), MON (Miscellaneous Organic NESHAPS), BWON (Benzene Waste Organic NESHAPS), LDAR (Leak Detection and Repair), etc.
- Serve as a point of contact and provide support for air compliance questions for the organization.
- Identify training required for compliance and assist with implementing training to operations, technical, maintenance, management, and other facility staff.
- Support reporting and recordkeeping as required by company policy, environmental regulations, and environmental air permits.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws governing air compliance programs.
- Good interpersonal skills to work well with unit operators and management.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple activities at the same time
What You Will Need:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Environmental or other related Engineering or Science degree
- 3 years of experience in an environmental role or 5 plus years in a process technical role at an industrial, chemical or a refining facility.
- Experience performing air emission calculations
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 5 years of experience managing air compliance for air sources, including documenting regulatory applicability determinations, verifying process streams, understanding mitigation and controls devices and calculating air emissions at an industrial, chemical or a refining facility
- Texas specific air compliance experience
- Additional environmental media experience (waste management/permitting, water, UIC, etc.)
Want to learn more about INVISTA?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.