2 vacancies in the following locations:
Earth Day is every day at EPA! At EPA, you can protect human health and the environment of all Americans, and you’ll discover that EPA is one great place to work! We offer great benefits and work flexibilities, and our diverse workforce connects to more than just a career--we share a common passion to promote a cleaner, healthier environment. Discover how exciting safeguarding our natural resources and protecting human health can be. Find yourself at EPA.
One position is located in Region 5, Superfund Division, Emergency Response Branch 2, Emergency Response Section 3 in Madison, IL. One position is located in Region 5, Superfund Division, Emergency Response Branch 1, Emergency Response Section 1 in Green Bay, WI. For more information on this office, visit their website: Region 5
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
One or more positions may be filled.
Except in special circumstances, those new to the federal government will be hired at the starting salary (step 1) of the applicable grade range listed above.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Respond to the accidental or deliberate release of oil or other hazardous materials, including biological, chemical and radiological agency, or uncontrolled hazardous waste.
- Serve as a warranted Contracting Officer with independent contracting authority in accordance with the specific terms of the Delegation of Procurement Authority (DPA) from the EPA Office of Acquisition Management.
- Conduct official investigations and inspections for both fund-led and enforcement-led removal responses.
- Provide assessment for environmental incidents and determine appropriate emergency response.
- Perform necessary community relations and coordination activities.
- Perform planning, prevention, and preparedness activities related to health and environmental hazards.
- Serve as technical advisor for removal responses.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
25% or less - You may be to travel 6 to 10 days per month.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com