Bay West is currently seeking an entry-level Field Geologist who will assist on various activities ranging from small local projects to large federal installations nationwide. This position reports to the St. Paul Minnesota office location.
- Provide general labor, technical and geological field support on various environmental site assessments; onsite investigations of contaminated soil, sediment and groundwater; construction observation; and preparation of drilling logs, geologic maps, cross-sections and technical reports.
- Observe drilling and monitoring well installation, classifying soil and bedrock samples, and collect samples for field screening and laboratory analysis.
- Accurately prepare soil boring logs, hydrographs, groundwater contour maps, field notes, sketches and other documentation of actions undertaken during site investigation and remediation projects.
- Supervise the correct installation of soil borings, monitoring wells, recovery wells (vapor phase and water) and treatment systems.
- Oversee the proper excavation of contaminated soil during remediation and construction projects.
- When not traveling, be available for one week every five weeks to be part of an on-call Emergency Response (ER) team to clean-up hazardous and non-hazardous material spills, loading, unloading, and decontaminating ER equipment in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide open communication with Team Leader on ways to improve Bay West techniques, operations and functions.
- Moderate local and national travel for periods up to 3 weeks.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology
- Must be eligible to obtain a Professional Geologist License in the future
- Thorough understanding of current groundwater and soil sampling methods
- Proficiency using Word and Excel applications
- Currently have or willing to obtain a 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification
- Reliable means of transportation on a 24 hour basis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience supporting multiple projects on deadline while providing excellent customer service
- Superb problem-solving skills, time-management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to champion changes and improvements
- Minimum 1-3 years of related environmental consulting experience including environmental drilling oversight
- Experience with field equipment such as water quality monitoring instruments, photoionization detectors (PIDs), and Trimble global positioning systems (GPS) units
- Knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations and laws, including, but not limited to, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) cleanup guidance and United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
Bay West LLC offers amazing mentoring, company stability, opportunity for advancement, a work-life balance and a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com