ERM is seeking an entry/mid-level Environmental Due Diligence Consultant to join our Transaction Services technical team in Annapolis, MD or Washington DC. In this role, you will provide technical assistance on due diligence transaction projects for multi-national clients, while working across ERM’s Performance & Assurance and Contaminated Site Management technical teams on related follow-on project tasks.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join our globally recognized M&A Transaction Services team, voted ‘Environmental Advisor of the Year’ by Acquisitions Monthly.
- Perform environmental due diligence projects for industrial and commercial transactions, including Phase I Environmental Site Assessments consistent with ASTM standards.
- Provide consulting advice to industry and legal clients.
- Prepare concise reports that assess potential environmental liability risks, and compliance and operational status at manufacturing facilities.
- Implement Phase II site assessments, including field work and sampling activities.
- Perform environmental compliance assessments at industrial and commercial facilities, and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Provide general environmental compliance support to clients, including on site as needed.
- Perform multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to effectively manage projects.
- Communicate with clients, ERM employees, and vendors.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, environmental science, business administration, or related discipline.
- Recent graduate to 3 years of experience in environmental consulting, working on environmental due diligence projects.
- Solid knowledge of ASTM Phase I standards, understanding of core business and legal concepts of business transactions, and continued interest in working on transactions.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; experience writing comprehensive technical reports.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Local candidates preferred.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com