ERM is seeking a motivated Junior Environmental Impact Assessment Consultant to join our growing office in Houston, TX. The successful candidate will assist Project Managers on a variety of Environmental, Social & Health Impact Assessment projects to support our oil & gas, power, and mining sector focus. This is an excellent opportunity for an early career professional to join a growing and exciting technical team, as you build a rewarding career path with a global environmental leader.
- Provide technical assistance on NEPA environmental assessment (EA) and environmental impact statement (EIS) projects and related activities in support of ERM domestic development projects.
- Conduct tasks related to environmental impact assessment, land use planning, facility siting and permitting, risk assessment, and water resources management.
- Assist in preparation of EAs/EISs and associated management plans in compliance with NEPA and other applicable federal, state, and local requirements. Perform project delivery activities such as report writing, undertaking and organizing data collection and survey field work, performing data and literature review, developing recommendations for clients, and conducting field work.
- Perform multi-media permitting and compliance associated with development projects with an emphasis on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and State Historical Commissions.
- Assist with developing and executing corporate Impact Assessment & Planning systems and strategies.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- Maintain records of compliance with permit conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Environmental Science, or related discipline; Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Recent graduate to 3 years of experience, including willingness/interest in field assignments, approximately 50% of the time. Familiarity with field survey techniques highly desired.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports. Ability to build tables and spreadsheets (including tabulation and manipulation of data) is highly desired.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated attributes to become a strong consultant – team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter who takes initiative, versatile, and service-oriented mentality.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Local candidates only.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview OR Video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com