3M is seeking a EHS Supervisor for the Abrasive Systems Division Plant located in Alexandria, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of EHS Supervisor will be responsible for leading the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) department at the Alexandria Manufacturing Facility. This position will be a member of the site leadership team.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide location leadership and direction in the areas of Environmental Health and Safety strategy, regulatory compliance, continuous improvement, and shaping health and safety culture.
- Manages a team of 3-4 salaried and hourly EHS employees to deliver improved EHS results and ensure plant compliance with local, state and federal regulations related to safety, health and environment.
- Determines priorities and timetables all facility EHS related projects, and assigns resources/tasks and provides performance feedback.
- Provide leadership to the environmental, health and safety risk assessment process.
- Identify and analyze EHS trends, isolate root causes to EHS issues, and lead processes to ensure that appropriate follow-up actions are being implemented.
- Lead EHS related projects, linking projects to business strategies.
- Ensure EHS plans support the division and facility strategic and operating plan and vision and that project objectives and deadlines are met.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Environmental, Health, and Safety, Engineering, or Science discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years of safety, health, and/or environmental combined experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Master’s degree in Environmental, Health and Safety Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university.
- 5 years of experience in Safety, Health and/or Environmental Engineering
- Possess professional EHS credential (CSP, CIH, CHMM or equivalent).
- Experience in supervising and leading EHS teams.
- Experience in EHS program development and implementation of new or changing regulations.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com